Menu

Glen Foerd

Glen Foerd is the only Delaware River estate located in Philadelphia, which is open to the public. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. First built in 1850 by the Macalester family, it underwent extensive renovations and additions in 1895 by the Foerderer family, upon which the name was changed to Glen Foerd. Buildings on the grounds include the mansion, rebuilt boathouse, and one hundred year-old carriage house. The lush grounds also feature a variety of flowers, shrubs and trees, including 300 year old white oaks.

More Information

© Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Sitemap. Responsive website designed by Skidmutro Creative Partners.